Pages

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year - 2016


Happy New Year

It sounds so strange to say the year "2016".  I swear it doesn't seem that long ago when folks were having a hissy fit about Y2K and here it is 16 years later!!

As I do with each year, I have goals (I don't call them resolutions) - they are what they are goals.  Things I try to achieve year - sometimes I meet those goals, sometimes (a lot of times) I don't.  I often start out with the same goals this year that I did last year.  This year is no exception but I do have some different ideas about some of them

2016 Goals

Draw closer to God - I don't feel as though I am as close to God as I once was.  I haven't been praying as faithfully as I used to.  I haven't been reading His Word as I once did.  I still attend church but not with the same enthusiasm as I once had.  I suppose there are lots of reasons for that.  After my brother suddenly died, it was hard.  I wasn't mad at God but I kept trying to understand Him.  I finally felt like I started healing when I decided to stop trying to understand Him. I had to work on forgiving God - it felt odd to forgive the Great Forgiver - to ask Him to help me forgive Him.  But I have.  So this year, my goal is to get closer to God.  I will do that by praying daily, reading the Bible daily and putting my focus on Him instead of on me.

Obtain better health - yes, I need to lose weight, and I would be lying if I said that wasn't part of this goal, because it is.  However, the main goal is to get control of my health.  To make better food choices, to exercise more and to remember that my body is a temple - it is here to serve the Lord and I can't do that to fullest if I feel bad from poor health habits.  I have an eating plan and exercise plan in mind and plan to follow that.  I don't really want to share it yet because I don't want the focus to be on the details - I want the focus to be on the big picture.

Crafty goals - this is a repeat of sorts.  I don't have as many WIPs as I once had.  I do have 2 or 3 at the moment so my first goal is to finish those.  Part of this goal is to remember why I do the crafty stuff I do.  I do it because I enjoy it.  I love making something with my hands.  Part of why I use to enjoy it is because I loved giving homemade gifts to people but sadly time has taught me that there are people that appreciate that kind of thing and there are people that don't value them - they toss them, donate them or shove them in the top shelf of a closet never to be used or seen again.  I believe I know how to sort that out now.  Most of the crafty stuff I make from now on though, will be just for me and my pure enjoyment of making whatever it happens to be.

Basically, that is it...I guess my mantra for 2016 will be God, Health and Craft - haha!!
Although I won't be scrapping it, my One Little Word for this year will be "Awaking" - awaking to my new closer relationship with God, awaking to better health, clarity and freedom.

Happy New Year - I hope 2016 is a good year for us all.




No comments:

Post a Comment