Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Day Two - 6th Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week - #KCBW6DAY2

Day 2 of the 6th Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week
#KCBW6


Today's Topic - All About Me !!!

Let's see - there is a lot I can say on the subject because I am pretty much an expert about "me".

I was born in Duluth, Ga (a suburb of Atlanta).  We moved to Columbus, GA when I was 2 months old, to Alpharetta, GA when I was 9 years 2 months old and back to the Atlanta suburbs when I was 9 years, 8 months old.  Alpharetta, GA wasn't a suburb when we lived there - it was pure country - cow fields and trailer parks but now it is considered part of the suburbs.



I love animals - always have and especially love dogs.  When my last dog passed away though, it was just too much on me, I thought I would die right along with him and quite frankly, I wanted to.  So I have been pet-less since.  I just can't deal with the heart-break again.  But I enjoy spending time with my friends and families pets.


I have CADD - which is my own term for crafting attention deficit disorder. I have several crafty hobbies, besides knitting and crocheting, at some point in my life I have partaken of:

Cross-stitch
Needlepoint
Crewel
Embroidery
Hook rugs
Punch embroidery
Macrame
Jewelry-making
Candle-making
Polymer Clay
String Art
Friendship Bracelets
Wreath Designing
Plastic Canvas
Soap Making
Drawing
Coloring
Paint By Numbers
Sewing / Quilting
Scrap-booking
Cake Decorating
Candy Making

Did I forget anything?  I am sure I did.  If there is a craft, I have pretty much done it at some point in time.  Some went out of style (see string art, hook rugs, macrame), some just were not my passion (see candle making, sewing, punch embroidery) and some have stood the test of time (see knitting, crochet, scrap-booking).


In addition to my crafy addictions, another hobby of mine is traveling.  I love to travel but don't get to do it as much as I would like due to work responsibilities.  I've never been out of the country but if I did go out, I'd love to go to England and Italy.  I also would love to see the Eiffle Tower in person.

In the USA, I've been to 19 different states and I've seen so many beautiful places...

Florida's sugar sandy white beaches where I swam in the Gulf of Mexico (many times)
Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, & Virginia's beaches
Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, & Virginia's mountains
Snowy drifts and the Mall of America in Minnesota
The Shenandoah Valley
Churchill Downs
The Biltmore House
Savannah and Charleston's charm
The Atlantic and the Pacific Oceans
Mount Rushmore
The Badlands
Las Vegas' Neon Glows
Fields and fields of Sunflowers
The Golden Gate Bridge
Hoover Dam (where I stood in 2 states at the same time - a foot in each state)
The Grand Canyon (from the air only)
The Smoky Mountains
The Blue Ridge Mountains
The Rocky Mountains
And so much more.


I like to cook and you can find several recipes on this blog.


I'm a strong Christian and thank God everyday for things like giving me sight so that I was able to see all those beautiful places.  I believe Jesus died for me and rose again so that I can have everlasting life. I thank God every day that I can see, hear, walk, talk because there are so many that can't do those things, including some people I know.  Everything I have is because of the Lord and I make sure I thank Him for it all the time.  I thank Him that he made me enjoy crafts and gave me the abilities to do those things, that he gave me a wonderful job that I love and a good salary so I can afford to travel.  I thank Him for getting me through the rough times in my life and for blessing me with such a wonderful family and group of friends.  God is just EVERYTHING !

I am grateful to Him right at this very moment as you are reading this - glad to know that you get to share in my love for the Lord!.

So...that is just a teeny, tiny bit of "ME". 

No comments:

Post a Comment