Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

January 2014 Movies

Here are the movies (new to me) that I saw in January 2014

Frozen - Disney's latest.  I can't believe it took me so long to see this - it came out at Thanksgiving.  I loved this movie.  There was a bit of singing but loved it -the songs were great.  Just a fun, great movie, loosely based on The Snow Queen.  Very enjoyable movie - would love to see it again.

Dallas Buyer's Club - Great movie, great acting.  I plan on doing an "Oscar Movie Review" later so will save the review of this movie until later.

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Awful movie.  I like Steve Carrell, Steve Buscemi, and Jim Carrey and at least the movie had a story line but it was just not a good movie.  I kept hoping it would get better, it never did.  Seriously, they must have thrown a lot of money at these guys to get them to make this movie.

The Wrong Woman - Okay, a little cheat on this one - it was a Lifetime movie, not a theatrical release but I decided to include it because I thought it was pretty good, it starred Danica McKeller (played Winnie on the Wonder Years) as a woman wrongly accused of a horrible crime and all the evidence is pointing to her and no one else.  She decides to take over and become her own attorney because her attorney is not all that great.  Jaleel White (remember Urkel from Family Matters) was a detective investigating the case.  It was great to see these two in mature roles (since they are grown adults after all).  They both did a great job.  The movie won't win awards or anything but at least it was better than The Incredible Burt Wonderstone !

No comments:

Post a Comment