Pages

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Product Review - Batiste Dry Shampoo



One blog I regularly follow is Kevin & Amanda.  I first discovered Amanda when she was an active member of Two Peas In A Bucket.  She had some cute scrapbook recipe cards and I really liked her style.

One day she offered (for free I might add) to make fonts for many of the "peas" (what we call ourselves there).  They are fonts of their own handwriting - pretty cool!!!  She made a lot and I've used many of them. (I sent her mine but there must have had some problems with the way it was submitted or perhaps she didn't have time because she never created one for me - boo hoo).  It was super nice of her to do this for us!

She started posting recipes on her blog and before you know it, she was more known for recipes and cooking than for scrap booking and her blog really took off and is very popular.  I haven't seen much scrap booking from her in a while - I am sure she just doesn't have the time anymore.  Her website is really her "business" now.  She also has the more adorable Boston Terriers, but I digress.

Annnyyyyyywaaaayyy......
One day she posted a review of Batiste Dry Shampoo and said it was sold at Walgreens, among other places so I decided to give it a try.  I have used Psssssst before and like it well enough but it is so hard to find and I usually can't find it at a retail outlet (once in a while I find it at CVS but not always), so I thought since I can find Batiste at Walgreens, I would check it out.

At first I thought I was out of luck, but I finally found it - all they carried was the 1.6 oz Travel Size and that was okay, especially since I was just trying it out.

Let me tell you I LOVE this stuff.  I don't have a need for Dry Shampoo often but on those mornings, when I am in a rush and don't have time to shampoo, this is great !


They only had Original and Blush scent in stock, I got both.  I used Blush the first time.  I was really impressed with it.  Basically it is rice starch and it removes the oil from your hair and gives it volume.  The only thing I was a little put of by was the scent - it was a little strong for me and smelled like flowers (reminded me a bit of Personal Feminine Spray).  But I loved how my hair looked and unlike Psssssst, I didn't need to use it again the next day - it still looked great. So it lasts longer than Pssssssst.

The next time I needed to use it, I tried the original scent.  I like it much more - not as strong and sort of smells like Fruit Loops to me. 


So my overall review - a big THUMBS UP

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your guidance and support.Thank you for providing such a valuable information.

    ReplyDelete