Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Rotel Cups

About a week ago, I post a recipe for Mini Pizza Bites and mentioned I had a couple of more similar appetizer recipes to share.  Here is one of them...also using Mini Fillo Shells.  I found this recipe through Pinterest but the original source is Kendall Boggs Fine Arts and Crafts  site.  She calls them Rotel Cups.  I revised it (ever so slightly) and here it is:

Rotel Cups
2 packages of Mini Fillo Shells
1 Can rotel drained
1 bag real bacon bits (use the real kind, not the dried/crunchy one)
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup mayonnaise (I like Kraft)

Preheat oven to 350º.  Mix drained tomatoes, bacon bits, cheese and mayo together.  Spoon generous portions into Fillo Shells and place on a cookie sheet (I like to line with foil or parchment paper since it makes clean up easier).


 

Bake at 350º for 15 minutes (until golden on top) - let cool slightly, eat and enjoy.


My  review?  These are really good !  I think I like them even better than the Mini Pizza Bites.  Next time I might try using Pepper Jack instead of Swiss.  

I also think this would be good placed in a small baking dish, baked and served as a dip with tostito chips 

2 comments:

  1. What does the mayo add? If it is left out, how is the taste or texture impacted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a binder to hold the mixture together.

      Delete