Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Davy Jones

I got an e-mail today from friends telling me that Davy Jones had died of a heart attack at 66 - at first I thought "please let this be one of those false twitter things" but it wasn't - I had some tears fall - I love the Monkees so much!  It is really hard to believe that Davy is gone.

I'm SO LUCKY that I got to see the Monkees in Concert last June, especially since not too long after I saw them, the rest of the shows were cancelled (never did find out why but they said it was business reasons).  As you can see from my BLOG POST about the concert, one of the hightlights for me was when Davy sang "Daddy's Song" (from the movie Head) - he was dressed in white tux and tails and on the screen behind him, they showed the clip from Head.  He danced right along with it (he still had it !).  One of my fave parts of the show.

So... in tribute to Davy, here is that clip from Head... Daddy's Song
God Bless You Davy Jones - thank you for the music, thank you for the memories





I also found this video - taken at the Monkees concert last July - a few weeks after I saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment