Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - 2012 !!


Happy New Year.  A new year feels like a clean slate.  I'm not making any resolutions this year but I do have a few goals.

My One Little Word this year is "Completion" because there are so many things that I want to am going to complete this year.  Half-way completed home projects, half-way read books, half-way finished craft projects (knitting, crochet and scrapbooking), losing weight, projects in my mind that I've wanted to do for a long time (such as make a recipe book and scan old family photos and order a book of them for everyone).  Lots and lots of things to complete and this is the year that I'm going to do them.

Another goal is that I will read the Bible in a year.  This is something I've wanted to do for many, many years and I never make it past February.  I have used my own reading plans (found on-line in previous years) but this year I am using the One Year Bible - when I have it sitting right in front of me each day, how much easier could it be?

So...those are my goals for the year, do I have others? Sure but those are the main ones.  I don't know what 2012 will bring, so far it has started kind of rough, with my dad being very ill and in the hospital (where he has been since 10/31/2011.  But one thing I know is that God is in control and I anticipate that 2012 will be a good year for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment